Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Believe in Miracles


My awesome sister is hosting a fundraiser/yard sale at her restaurant on May 21st so we can raise money for a private adoption. It's nice when the clouds part sometimes and hope shines through! If we can find a way, our wait time would be less than a year!

I am missing my grandma terribly this week, and I can't help but picture her rallying the troops up in heaven to get down to business and bring her granddaughter a miracle! Her funeral helped me remember the person she was before the dementia, a person I've been missing for a long time.
My mom just sent me this picture of me and my cute hubby on Christmas Eve. I'm hoping that there will be a third member of our little family by next Christmas.

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

What a great idea! I hope the yard sale goes well. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your grandma. She sounds like a neat lady. *Hugs*

Heather Anne said...

Oh Katie... this just makes me smile. I pray you and Tyson WILL have a new addition to your family by next Christmas!
Love you!!!

Rosie and Derek said...

Her funeral really reminded me what she was like before the dementia too, how I miss our dear Grandma!!
I hope the yard sale goes well and hope you're able to adopt soon, I'll look around and see if there's anything we can include. Love you!