Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Up all night

Emmett kept me up until 4:30 am the other night. As I was drowsily changing his diaper, he looked up and smiled at me. What a charmer! I think it may have been a real smile this time, but it wasn't the first. He gave his first real smile to grandma Leslie. I am okay with this because 36 years ago, I gave my first real smile to Sarah Darlington, an elderly neighbor of my grandparents who had a particularly high voice. My mother was very hurt by this, so I think it's only fair that Emmett gave his first smile to her.

Here is a picture of Emmett smiling in his sleep, taken by his aunt Annie. Who knows? Maybe aunt Annie really got his first smile!

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

SO sweet! He's adorable Katie!!

Marci said...

He is simply amazing! I LOVE newborn smiles! :)

Becky and Bryce said...

He's absolutely a doll!