Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Back


Okay, so I never update this blog, right? Well now that I can access blogspot from work I'm back in the game! To catch up, Tyson was diagnosed with melanoma in January, had surgery in February, and was pronounced cancer-free in March. To say I'm grateful is an understatement. I was not about to lose my sweet husband that I've only spent 2 1/2 wonderful years with.


This week I was released from being the Beehive advisor and was called as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency. I have mixed feelings of course. I will miss those girls even though it was a hard calling for me sometimes. I will always love them. On the other hand, I'm excited to get to know and serve more people in my ward. Even though we've been in the ward for 2 years, I feel lonely sometimes because I don't really know people as well as I'd like to.


We are leaving the snow behind and heading to California on the 20th with Tyson's family. Maybe the snow will already be gone by then, but knowing Utah like I do, I wouldn't count on it. I am excited to spend the time in the sun with my second family. Tyson's family is great, and I couldn't ask for better in-laws!


And now for a picture. It's more for me than for you. It's me, the thin me, the younger me. And is it any coincidence I am in a garden in Italy? I think not. Looking at this picture helps me remember the several reasons why I'm trying to lose weight. Only one of which is to return to Italy if I win the workout contest with Tyson (which, by the way, he is currently winning.)


Love to you all!


Katie

10 comments:

wiperzeus said...

I didn't even know he was diagnosed! Thank heavens...phew.

Chelsea said...

we are leaving the 13th for California, I cant wait!

Heather Anne said...

Oh Katie girl... I am sooo glad that everything is okay! I've been thinking about you a lot lately... wondering how things were going.
Okay... so I miss one Sunday and you get released from YW's... boo. :( You will be great wherever they put you though! Have fun in Cali!
Love ya!
ps... REALLY cute pic of you btw!

Rosie and Derek said...

Wow, I had no idea that he had melanoma! Thank goodness it is taken care of!
Have fun in California!!

Rhonda:) said...

oh my gosh! sounds like you have been through so much already this year and it is only April. Well hopefully all of that is past you and the rest of the year will be awesome. I think of you often. Someday you and I will find a way to re-unite. Love ya!

Jenelle said...

I too am so glad Tyson is doing well. Good luck with your contest, I hope you win cuz you deserve another trip to Italy! I'll miss you so much in YW's. Thanks for everything you did.

Marci said...

Thank you for the update! I have to admit that I'm kind of glad that you are in RS now because I'll get to see you more often!

Good luck with your contest! Italy would love to see you again I am sure. ;)

Traci Northrup said...

Katie, Katie,Katie, you cant loose that bet...you need to come see me. Sorry I wasnt able to get with you before I left, my life has been upside down since February. Glad to hear Tyson is okay. We went to the leaning tower of Pisa today. Now we can say we saw it. Not much to it. We were more excited about the green apple gelato we ate later then the tower :) Talk with you soon, Traci

Beck said...

Weel it is about time! I have checked yor blog about 50 times and there is never anything new. Like I don;t see yo uor something- I know. YOu can win the bet- I know it! I am glad Tys is good now too :)

powellpig2000 said...

Finally a new post! I wasn't sure my link to this blog was working right. I am glad tyson is cancer free too and hope he can get back on the golf course soon! I want you to loose some weight for me too!