Monday, March 14, 2011

New Post, finally

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't posted in forever! It's hard to wait for a baby, and sometimes I think it's better to just not post rather than be a Debbie Downer, or a Wendy Whiner. Waaaaaah! You know what I mean. So even though I am really, really struggling today, here are some good things that are going on.

As you may or may not know, the average wait for a baby with LDS family services is 2 to 3 years. So, this past weekend Tyson and I went to an open house for a local adoption agency just to check it out. They were AWESOME! They are also the most expensive in the valley. But aside from that, we had the incredible experience of meeting two birth mothers who flew here from out of state to have their babies. There was so much love in the room. Even though they are not placing their babies with any of the couples who were in the room that day, the love and gratitude in that room was almost tangible. They are giving 2 lucky couples such a beautiful gift. I am sure that their children will inherit their strength and goodness, and they will be blessed for their sacrifice. Hope we can meet our sweet birthmom soon. Until then, I will resist the temptation to wallow in hot fudge, and count my blessings instead.

Love ya!
Katie

No comments: