Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Heart MJ

Hmm, so it's been a loooooong time since I updated my blog. So here's a tribute to my good buddy MJ who passed away nearly a year ago. The week he passed away, I was in the drive thru at the dry cleaners, and the girl who put my laundry in the car noticed a Michael Jackson CD case in my back seat. "Are you listening to that because he died?" she asked-- "No," I replied. "I was listening to it when he died." Yes, like it or not, I'm that big of a fan. :)

Anyway, soon after my last blog posting, me and my family went to see "This is it," the Michael Jackson movie all together wearing the Michael Jackson t-shirts I had found at Wal-mart for 5 bucks each. I haven't posted about that event, because that was the day that Tyson and I found out we cannot have children. Since then I've been somewhat of an "infertility hermit" and I haven't felt any kind of need to blog. But I'd like to share the pictures from going to the movie now (8 months later) :)
Here is me and my brother Michael. This movie made Michael and Becky cry. I might have cried if I had any tears left!

Here are some more pictures from that night.

My sissie with the bag I bought her and Michael with his glove

Steven Weeven

Hey guys, where's your MJ shirts?

Even my mom wore an MJ shirt!

My dad, bro in law Scott, and sis in law Tara were there too. Not sure why I don't have pictures of them, but I think we were in a hurry to get in the movie.

Me and Becky took her kids the following week. There are few things that have made me as happy as watching those kids dance during that movie. Ashlee told her mom, "Mom, I used to not like Michael Jackson, but now that you've told me all his secrets I really like him." Or something to that effect.

I am going to try to get blogging again. We are getting excited about adopting and we are almost done with the piles of paperwork. Here's to hoping it's not eight more months before I decided to post again. Nighty night!

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

Great post. Looks like it was a great family night out. I'm glad you're back to blogging. Good luck with the adoption process and keep us posted. We love you guys.