Thursday, June 24, 2010

Memorial Day 2010


Our family likes to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's graves in Bountiful on Memorial Day. Then we like to go to a local burger joint, Pace's Dairy Ann, for lunch. Grandma used to say, "Let's go get us a rainbow" after working in the yard on a hot summer day. A rainbow is soft serve ice cream surrounded by slush. Yum!
Ikabod and Tyson at Pace's. Ikabod is so sweet. Ask him to sing "Hey Jude" for you! Tara likes the ice cream! Steve and Sharee like it too! Tyson, Dad, Mom, David Tyson had a grape rainbow. At the Bountiful Cemetary by the Veteran's crosses. Grandpa Farel's cross Grandma and Ikabod Dad looking at Susan Alexia Page's Grave. She was grandma Mary's sister who died as a teenager. I recently had her portrait digitally remastered. It is so beautiful. If you'd like to see it let me know. The file is too large to download to my blog, but you can access it in the Anderson comcast vault. If you are in the Anderson family you have probably received an email from me giving you access. If not just let me know. I wish everyone could see Susan Alexia. She is beautiful! Maybe I'll have to work on getting the image small enough to post. Generations of Andersons (and Nelsons) have played on this nearby family's complex. It is irrisistable to little kids! Here are my parents by Benjamin Ashby's grave. I also had his portrait remastered. It is also in the Anderson Comcast vault. I'm pretty sure he was an early convert to the Church, and knew the prophet Joseph. I'll have to look it up!

No comments: